Reference-grade headphone amplifier
The RHA1 is a reference-grade headphone amplifier carefully developed by UNiKA and manufactured in the UNiKA factory in Taiwan. The application object of RHA1 is headphone enthusiasts, audiophiles and professional recording engineers and live concert soundman.
Especially using only 24V external power supply and classic OTL amplifier circuit design, its performance is amazing.
RHA1 is suitable for general consumer headphones as well as reference-grade and low-sensitivity high-end headphones. Impedances from 15ohm to 600ohm are easily driven and produce a very smooth and very dynamic sound. Moreover, it performs very high S/N ratio and cannot be perceived power supply and circuit characteristic noise.
It can be seen from the test chart we can see that the frequency response of the RHA1 is very flat from 20Hz to 80KHz, and the full-band frequency response error value is not greater than ±0.2dB in the test from low impedance to high impedance.
The most special feature is its specially designed ±18dB linear gain and post-amp level control with maximum 0dB output. This design is like using a professional mixing console. Users can first use its linear gain to adjust to the optimal input level and dynamics according to headphones or signal sources with different characteristics or impedance and sensitivity, and then use the output level control to determine the volume you need to listen.
This design greatly exceeds some products currently on the market with fixed gain value switches. The components selected by RHA1 are all top-level models, and a double-connected stereo potentiometer with very low L/R output different is specially customized to ensure listening consistency.
The amplification of the output stage adopts the independent amplification of the L/R channel, which greatly improves the separation and minimizes the crosstalk.
The input jacks are a pair of NEUTRIK® Combijack. It can be availableto connect XLR and TRS balanced plug or TS unbalanced plug from recording devices or Hi-Fi equipment.
At the same time, UNiKA is very considerately equipped with an external power supply of adaptiveUniversal Input Range 90~264VAC and comes with 4 kinds of AC plugs that can be interchangeable by user, including US, UK, AU and EU types.
- Handles even the most demanding headphones with ease.
- Line Input : XLR and 6.3mm Jack NEUTRIK Combi connector
- Headphone Output : 6.3mm jack.
- Separate electronic circuits for Left and Right signals
- Broadcast-grade audio pre-amp and separate electronic circuits for Left and Right signals
- The world’s first linear +/-18dB Gain Control with variable Attenuator for precise level adjustment.
- Low EMI Universal Power adaptor : with 4 interchangeable plugs
- Circuit principle: OTL / External power supply / Discrete amplifier
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz , ±0.2dB (Limited by APx525’s B.W.)
- THD+N @ 10mW: 0.0004%, 600 Ω@mid gain, 1KHz@20KHz B.W.
- Dynamic range@: 119.5dB @220Ω load, XLR input
- Input connector: A pair of NEUTRIK® Combi jack
- Output connector: 6.3mm TRS phone jack
- Linear gain control range: ±18dB @1dB step
- Maxinum output power: 800mW
- Maxihum input level: 25.5dBu
- Balance input inpedance: >4KΩ
- Output loading impedance: 15Ω ~ 600Ω
- Power concumption: 6W/0.25A
- Power supply & consumption: 24VDC / 10W
- Ext. AC to DC adaptor: 90 ~ 264VAC input / 24VDC output
- Type of AC plugs: includes UK / US / AU / EU
- Dimension (W x D x H): 162 x 104 x 53 mm
- Nett weight: 0.77kg