Classic-grade headphone amplifier
The CHA1 is a classic-grade headphone amplifier carefully developed by UNiKA and manufactured in the UNiKA factory in Taiwan. The application object of CHA1 is headphone enthusiasts, audiophiles and multi-media and streaming usersorlive concert soundman.
CHA1 is suitable for general consumer headphone and earbud as well as reference-grade and low-sensitivity high-end headphones. Impedances from 15ohm to 600ohm are easily driven and produce a very smooth and very dynamic sound. Moreover, it performs very high S/N ratio and cannot be perceived power supply and circuit characteristic noise.
From the test chart we can see that the frequency response of the CHA1 is very flat from 20Hz to 80KHz, and the full-band frequency response error value is not greater than -0.15dB in the test from low impedance to high impedance. From the test chart at the end of this manual, we can see that the frequency response of the CHA1 is very flat from 20Hz to 80KHz, and the full-band frequency response error value is not greater than ±0.2dB in the test from low impedance to high impedance.
Especially using only 24V external power supply and classic OTL amplifier circuit design, its performance is amazing.
The components selected by CHA1 are all top-level models, and a double-connected stereo potentiometer with very low L/R output different is specially customized to ensure listening consistency.
The input jacks are a pair of NEUTRIK® Combijack. It can be available to connect XLR and TRS balanced plug or TS unbalanced plug from recording devices or Hi-Fi equipment.
The other two sets of input options are stereo RCA and mini TRS. It is convenient for users to choose RCA output signal sources such as DAC, streaming pre-amp or computer sound card. Or directly connect to CHA1 through the output of mobile phones and laptops. The headphone output terminal has standard TRS and mini TRS sockets to compatible with all types of headphones and earbuds on the market.
At the same time, UNiKA is very considerately equipped with an external power supply of adaptive Universal Input Range 90~264VACand comes with 4 kinds of AC plugs that can be interchangeable by user, including US, UK, AU and EU types.
- Versatile headphone amplifier with great connectivity
- 3 Switchable Stereo Inputs: XLR and 6.3mm Jack Combi, RCA plug and 3.5mm mini-jack
- Choice of Headphone Outputs: 6.3mm jack or 3.5mm mini-jack
- Specially selected electronic components for crystal-clear sound
- Smooth rotary control for accurate level adjustment
- Low EMI Universal Power adaptor: with 4 interchangeable plugs
- Circuit principle: OTL / External power supply / Stereo amplifier
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz, ±0.2dB (Limited by APx525’s B.W.)
- THD+N @ 10mW: 0.0008%, 470 ~ 600Ω@XRL, 1KHz@20KHz B.W.
- Dynamic range@: 113.5dB @220Ω load, XLR input
- Input connector (Corresponding to 3 selection buttons): I: A pair of NEUTRIK® Combi jack, II: A pair of RCA, III: mini TRS phone jack
- Output connector (Cannot output at the same time): 6.3mm TRS phone jack, 3.5mm mini TRS phone jack
- Maxinum output power: 300mW
- Single end input inpedance: 90KΩ
- Balance input inpedance: >14.7KΩ
- mini TRS phone gain: 22.4dB
- RCA gain: 11dB
- XLR gain: 2.6dB
- Output loading impedance: 15Ω ~ 600Ω
- Power concumption: 6W/0.25A
- Power supply & consumption: 24VDC / 10W
- Ext. AC to DC adaptor: 90 ~ 264VAC input / 24VDC output
- Type of AC plugs: includes UK / US / AU / EU
- Dimension (W x D x H): 162 x 104 x 53 mm
- Nett weight: 0.73kg