The ISO-2 is a passive audio isolator designed to be inserted into the signal chain to block hum and buzz caused by ground loops. The ISO-2 accepts unbalanced or balanced signals and is equally suitable for consumer electronics and professional line-level devices.
The ISO-2 can be operated as a dual input and outputs, and since the circuit is passive, no power is required. Whether an unbalanced or balanced signal is connected, the ISO-2 will automatically convert the signal depending on the type of cable and connector plugged in.
The ISO-2 has two combination XLR/TRS input connectors, wired to the AES standard pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot (+), pin-3 cold (-). Balanced or unbalanced output signal can be connected to the input of ISO- 2; the isolated outputs will always be balanced signals. The balanced output of the ISO-2 is line level, meaning that it should be connected to the line input of a mixing console.
Eliminating hum and buzz and the ground loop
The ISO-2 is equipped with output isolation transformers to eliminate hum and buzz caused by stray DC voltage and ground loops. Computers, CD players and other consumer equipment can be noisy – this is particularly true when incorporating audio with a projector – so isolation transformers can be very useful when combating system noise. The independent Ground Lift switches on the outputs takes this one step further by lifting pin-1 on the XLRs. Computers are often the source for noise problems in audio systems, so greater care is certainly needed to keep things quiet.
- Input connectors: 2 Balance combo jack (Pin-2 hot, Pin-3 cold, Pin-1 ground)
- Input impedance: 47KΩ
- Max. input level before clipping: +26dBv
- Output device: 2 XLR w/balance transformer isolated
- Output impedance: 600Ω nominal, Transformer balance
- Output level: +26dBv
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz +0.2 / 0 dB
- Dynamic range: >130dB
- S/N ratio~ un-weight 20Hz to 20KHz: -136dB
- T.H.D~ 1KHz, 0dBv output: < 0.001%
- Ground/Lift switch: Lift pin-1 on XLR outputs, separate
- Reverse switch: Channel 2 input
- Construction: 1.6/1.2mm steel cabinet & chassis
- Surface finished: Durable powder coating
- Dimension(WxDxH): 124 x 78 x 46mm
- Weight: 0.5Kg
Das könnte Sie auch interessieren:
Dual Passive Isolator with Custom Modified Isolation Transformer for Line Level Signals